Whether you are facing liquidated damages, bid protests, licensing issues, or seeking to enforce your rights through the lien process, time is of the essence in construction disputes. Understanding this, Erlingson Banks attorneys are both accessible and responsive to our clients. Our construction attorneys advise and represent Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in both transactional and litigation matters.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant construction contracts and documentation;
- Advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions;
- Project development and management;
- Labor and employment matters;
- Risk management services- audits and training seminars
- Insurance coverage
- Government regulation and compliance
- Analysis of federal and state laws and building codes
- Pre-litigation advice on construction disputes, change orders and differing site conditions
- Surety/Bond issues
- Project documentation
- Advise on delays, scheduling, & acceleration
- Advise on project termination
- Mediation, early neutral evaluation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Pursuing and defending claims and counterclaims arising from construction projects in litigation, including:
- Private Works Act litigation
- Public Works Act litigation
- Public-Bid Law
- Breach of contract litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Indemnity disputes
- Delay and business interruption claims
- Warranty claims
- Architect-Engineer malpractice
- Property damage
- General Counsel
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Advocacy
From the Blog:
Erlingson Banks attorney Mary Erlingson has recently been nominated to join the Board of Directors for the Rotary Club of Baton Rouge Foundation. Founded in 1918, the Foundation's purpose is to receive, administer, and expend funds and gifts for charitable,...
Ledet Publishes Article for DRI Governmental Committee: The Genesis of the Federal Safety Commission on School Safety
Erlingson Banks attorney, Lee Ledet, recently prepared an article for the DRI Governmental Liability Section on the Federal Commission on School Safety, a website created by the federal government to aid in school safety. The FCSS website provides information and...
Erlingson Banks attorney Tara Johnston Mahaffey attended Spirits of Louisiana at the Old State Capitol on October 24, 2019. This annual event celebrates the spirit of the National Historic Landmark, and the funds raised will support a new website and traveling exhibits.