Whether you are facing liquidated damages, bid protests, licensing issues, or seeking to enforce your rights through the lien process, time is of the essence in construction disputes. Understanding this, Erlingson Banks attorneys are both accessible and responsive to our clients. Our construction attorneys advise and represent Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in both transactional and litigation matters.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant construction contracts and documentation;
- Advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions;
- Project development and management;
- Labor and employment matters;
- Risk management services- audits and training seminars
- Insurance coverage
- Government regulation and compliance
- Analysis of federal and state laws and building codes
- Pre-litigation advice on construction disputes, change orders and differing site conditions
- Surety/Bond issues
- Project documentation
- Advise on delays, scheduling, & acceleration
- Advise on project termination
- Mediation, early neutral evaluation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Pursuing and defending claims and counterclaims arising from construction projects in litigation, including:
- Private Works Act litigation
- Public Works Act litigation
- Public-Bid Law
- Breach of contract litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Indemnity disputes
- Delay and business interruption claims
- Warranty claims
- Architect-Engineer malpractice
- Property damage
- General Counsel
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Advocacy
From the Blog:
Check out the article written by Erlingson Banks attorney, Mary Erlingson, and Sarah Schmitz in the recent DRI Governmental Liability Section Newsletter. This article discusses Partnering with Industry, the committee responsible for ensuring a strong partnership...
Strong women - May we be them, inspire them, & celebrate them. In honor of #InternationalWomensDay, we celebrate all of the women of Erlingson Banks, especially Mary Erlingson for her inspiration & encouragement of women. Mary is a role model to the community...
Mary Erlingson has been re-elected as President of Upliftd, a non-profit organization that provides job placement and job readiness services to persons with disabilities. UpLIFTD operates the Women's Community Rehabilitation Center, which serves women with severe...