Whether you are facing liquidated damages, bid protests, licensing issues, or seeking to enforce your rights through the lien process, time is of the essence in construction disputes. Understanding this, Erlingson Banks attorneys are both accessible and responsive to our clients. Our construction attorneys advise and represent Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in both transactional and litigation matters.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant construction contracts and documentation;
- Advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions;
- Project development and management;
- Labor and employment matters;
- Risk management services- audits and training seminars
- Insurance coverage
- Government regulation and compliance
- Analysis of federal and state laws and building codes
- Pre-litigation advice on construction disputes, change orders and differing site conditions
- Surety/Bond issues
- Project documentation
- Advise on delays, scheduling, & acceleration
- Advise on project termination
- Mediation, early neutral evaluation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Pursuing and defending claims and counterclaims arising from construction projects in litigation, including:
- Private Works Act litigation
- Public Works Act litigation
- Public-Bid Law
- Breach of contract litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Indemnity disputes
- Delay and business interruption claims
- Warranty claims
- Architect-Engineer malpractice
- Property damage
- General Counsel
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Advocacy
From the Blog:
Mary Erlingson and Tara Johnston Attend 2024 DRI Civil Rights and Governmental Tort Liability Seminar
Mary Erlingson and Tara Johnston Mahaffey attended the 2024 DRI Civil Rights and Governmental Tort Liability Seminar held last week in Phoenix, AZ. Mary had the privilege to co-present the “The Science of Use-of Force" session with Mark W. Kroll and Jaime Borden....
We would like to congratulate Tara Johnston on being sworn in as president elect of the Federal Bar Association Baton Rouge Chapter.
The 2024 DRI Civil Rights and Governmental Tort Liability Seminar will be held January 17th-19th, 2024 in Phoenix, AZ. Mary Erlingson will be presenting Thursday, January 18th at 2:45 p.m., along with Jamie Borden and Mark W. Kroll, PhD, FAIMBE, FACC. For more...