Whether you are facing liquidated damages, bid protests, licensing issues, or seeking to enforce your rights through the lien process, time is of the essence in construction disputes. Understanding this, Erlingson Banks attorneys are both accessible and responsive to our clients. Our construction attorneys advise and represent Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in both transactional and litigation matters.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant construction contracts and documentation;
- Advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions;
- Project development and management;
- Labor and employment matters;
- Risk management services- audits and training seminars
- Insurance coverage
- Government regulation and compliance
- Analysis of federal and state laws and building codes
- Pre-litigation advice on construction disputes, change orders and differing site conditions
- Surety/Bond issues
- Project documentation
- Advise on delays, scheduling, & acceleration
- Advise on project termination
- Mediation, early neutral evaluation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Pursuing and defending claims and counterclaims arising from construction projects in litigation, including:
- Private Works Act litigation
- Public Works Act litigation
- Public-Bid Law
- Breach of contract litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Indemnity disputes
- Delay and business interruption claims
- Warranty claims
- Architect-Engineer malpractice
- Property damage
- General Counsel
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Advocacy
From the Blog:
Jackson v Gautreaux, 3 F.4th 182 (5th Cir. 2021), litigated and argued by Erlingson Banks attorney Tara Johnston, was featured in the August 2021 The Federal Law Enforcement Informer publication of the Circuit Courts of Appeals. The Fifth Circuit agreed with the...
Erlingson Banks attorneys attended the 2021 DRI Civil Rights and Governmental Tort Liability Seminar in Nashville, Tennessee last week. Special Thanks to the Chair of the Governmental Liability Committee Jody Corbett, Seminar Chair Monte Williams, Vice Chair Tia...
Ashley Caruso Publishes Article in DRI: “Governors’ COVID-19 Restrictions and the ‘New’ Supreme Court”
Check out the article written by Erlingson Banks attorney, Ashley Caruso, titled "Governors’ COVID-19 Restrictions and the 'New' Supreme Court", which was published in the June edition of 'For The Defense' by DRI.