Whether you are facing liquidated damages, bid protests, licensing issues, or seeking to enforce your rights through the lien process, time is of the essence in construction disputes. Understanding this, Erlingson Banks attorneys are both accessible and responsive to our clients. Our construction attorneys advise and represent Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in both transactional and litigation matters.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant construction contracts and documentation;
- Advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions;
- Project development and management;
- Labor and employment matters;
- Risk management services- audits and training seminars
- Insurance coverage
- Government regulation and compliance
- Analysis of federal and state laws and building codes
- Pre-litigation advice on construction disputes, change orders and differing site conditions
- Surety/Bond issues
- Project documentation
- Advise on delays, scheduling, & acceleration
- Advise on project termination
- Mediation, early neutral evaluation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Pursuing and defending claims and counterclaims arising from construction projects in litigation, including:
- Private Works Act litigation
- Public Works Act litigation
- Public-Bid Law
- Breach of contract litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Indemnity disputes
- Delay and business interruption claims
- Warranty claims
- Architect-Engineer malpractice
- Property damage
- General Counsel
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Advocacy
From the Blog:
Erlingson Banks attorney Lee Ledet recently completed the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report Spring 2021 Executive Leadership Academy. This invite only program brings together a cross section of managers, executives, and entrepreneurs in the Baton Rouge community to...
Erlingson Banks welcomes Trent Tucker, our 2021 summer Law Clerk. Trent is a rising 2L at LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center. Trent has had a successful first year, finishing in the top 5% of his class each semester. Trent has earned academic honors such as the Paul M....
Check out the article written by Erlingson Banks attorney, Mary Erlingson, and Sarah Schmitz in the recent DRI Governmental Liability Section Newsletter. This article discusses Partnering with Industry, the committee responsible for ensuring a strong partnership...