Whether you are facing liquidated damages, bid protests, licensing issues, or seeking to enforce your rights through the lien process, time is of the essence in construction disputes. Understanding this, Erlingson Banks attorneys are both accessible and responsive to our clients. Our construction attorneys advise and represent Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in both transactional and litigation matters.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant construction contracts and documentation;
- Advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions;
- Project development and management;
- Labor and employment matters;
- Risk management services- audits and training seminars
- Insurance coverage
- Government regulation and compliance
- Analysis of federal and state laws and building codes
- Pre-litigation advice on construction disputes, change orders and differing site conditions
- Surety/Bond issues
- Project documentation
- Advise on delays, scheduling, & acceleration
- Advise on project termination
- Mediation, early neutral evaluation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Pursuing and defending claims and counterclaims arising from construction projects in litigation, including:
- Private Works Act litigation
- Public Works Act litigation
- Public-Bid Law
- Breach of contract litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Indemnity disputes
- Delay and business interruption claims
- Warranty claims
- Architect-Engineer malpractice
- Property damage
- General Counsel
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Advocacy
From the Blog:
Erlingson Banks is proud to announce attorney Ashley Caruso is running for the Baton Rouge Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Council. She thoroughly enjoys being involved with the community and giving back. The Young Lawyers Section host events to help young...
Erlingson Banks is proud to announce that attorney Mary Colvin Cassidy has been nominated as Associate Board Chair for City Year Baton Rouge again for this fiscal year. Mary is the first ever female to have the pleasure of serving as the chair of CYBR’s Associate...
Erlingson Banks attorney Tara Johnston administered Warden Dennis Grimes’ oath to the Reentry Advisory Council recently.The Reentry Advisory Council was created to establish a more systematic approach to identifying obstacles that impede successful reentry of...