Whether you are facing liquidated damages, bid protests, licensing issues, or seeking to enforce your rights through the lien process, time is of the essence in construction disputes. Understanding this, Erlingson Banks attorneys are both accessible and responsive to our clients. Our construction attorneys advise and represent Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in both transactional and litigation matters.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant construction contracts and documentation;
- Advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions;
- Project development and management;
- Labor and employment matters;
- Risk management services- audits and training seminars
- Insurance coverage
- Government regulation and compliance
- Analysis of federal and state laws and building codes
- Pre-litigation advice on construction disputes, change orders and differing site conditions
- Surety/Bond issues
- Project documentation
- Advise on delays, scheduling, & acceleration
- Advise on project termination
- Mediation, early neutral evaluation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Pursuing and defending claims and counterclaims arising from construction projects in litigation, including:
- Private Works Act litigation
- Public Works Act litigation
- Public-Bid Law
- Breach of contract litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Indemnity disputes
- Delay and business interruption claims
- Warranty claims
- Architect-Engineer malpractice
- Property damage
- General Counsel
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Advocacy
From the Blog:
Mary Erlingson had the pleasure of introducing EBR District Attorney Hillar Moore at today's Rotary luncheon. : Mary is pictured with Rotary Club of Baton Rouge President Dr. Carol Patin and Hillar Moore.
Tara Johnston participated on a panel of the Baton Rouge Chapter of the Federal Bar Association’s Women in the Law CLE, along with moderator Judge Erin Wilder-Doomes and attorneys Sharon Whitlow, April Leon Johnson, Tracey Barbera, Karli Johnson,...
Erlingson Banks attorneys had a great time at the 10 year Anniversary party last week celebrating Chief Judge Shelly Dick and Magistrate Judge Richard Bourgeois!