Whether you are facing liquidated damages, bid protests, licensing issues, or seeking to enforce your rights through the lien process, time is of the essence in construction disputes. Understanding this, Erlingson Banks attorneys are both accessible and responsive to our clients. Our construction attorneys advise and represent Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in both transactional and litigation matters.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant construction contracts and documentation;
- Advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions;
- Project development and management;
- Labor and employment matters;
- Risk management services- audits and training seminars
- Insurance coverage
- Government regulation and compliance
- Analysis of federal and state laws and building codes
- Pre-litigation advice on construction disputes, change orders and differing site conditions
- Surety/Bond issues
- Project documentation
- Advise on delays, scheduling, & acceleration
- Advise on project termination
- Mediation, early neutral evaluation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Pursuing and defending claims and counterclaims arising from construction projects in litigation, including:
- Private Works Act litigation
- Public Works Act litigation
- Public-Bid Law
- Breach of contract litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Indemnity disputes
- Delay and business interruption claims
- Warranty claims
- Architect-Engineer malpractice
- Property damage
- General Counsel
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Advocacy
From the Blog:
Erlingson Banks attorneys had a great time at this years 16th Annual Celebrity Waiter Event hosted by the Baton Rouge Children's Advocacy Center. Proceeds from this event are used to provide services to victims and their families. Erlingson Banks was proud to sponsor...
CHEERS TO YEARS! Erlingson Banks employees celebrated our 10 year anniversary a few weeks early with fun games at the office, an escape room at the 13th Gate Escape, and an evening at Tsunami Sushi Baton Rouge. Looking forward to many more years!
Erlingson Banks attorneys Cathy St. Pierre and Tara Johnston had a great time attending the Baton Rouge Bar Association's June Bar Luncheon yesterday. This month’s guest speaker was the LSU Men's Basketball Coach, Matt McMahon. We are excited to see the success...