Whether you are facing liquidated damages, bid protests, licensing issues, or seeking to enforce your rights through the lien process, time is of the essence in construction disputes. Understanding this, Erlingson Banks attorneys are both accessible and responsive to our clients. Our construction attorneys advise and represent Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, and Suppliers in both transactional and litigation matters.
- Drafting and negotiating all relevant construction contracts and documentation;
- Advising on construction aspects of corporate, real estate and finance transactions;
- Project development and management;
- Labor and employment matters;
- Risk management services- audits and training seminars
- Insurance coverage
- Government regulation and compliance
- Analysis of federal and state laws and building codes
- Pre-litigation advice on construction disputes, change orders and differing site conditions
- Surety/Bond issues
- Project documentation
- Advise on delays, scheduling, & acceleration
- Advise on project termination
- Mediation, early neutral evaluation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Pursuing and defending claims and counterclaims arising from construction projects in litigation, including:
- Private Works Act litigation
- Public Works Act litigation
- Public-Bid Law
- Breach of contract litigation
- Construction defect litigation
- Indemnity disputes
- Delay and business interruption claims
- Warranty claims
- Architect-Engineer malpractice
- Property damage
- General Counsel
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Advocacy
From the Blog:
EBRSO Hosts Annual Awards Ceremony
All the men and women working at the East Baton Rouge Sheriffs Office were thanked for their selfless dedication and service to the community by the Sheriff at the EBRSO Annual Awards Ceremony held last week. Additionally, numerous deputies were presented with awards...
EB Attorneys Attend DRI Conference
Erlingson Banks attorneys had a great time attending the DRI Civil Rights and Governmental Tort Liability seminar hosted last week in Las Vegas. Mary Erlingson was honored to have had the opportunity to be Program Chair for this year’s seminar, and was thrilled to...
Erlingson Banks Participates in BRBA’s Holiday Star Project
Erlingson Banks always enjoys supporting the Baton Rouge Bar Association's Holiday Star Project! We are honored to be a small part of such a wonderful project aimed at giving joy to those most in need this holiday season.